Donald Kiner Young, 88, went to his heavenly home on May 12, 2022. Don is most remembered for his faith in his Lord and his friendly loving heart.
Don was born and raised with his brother, Robert, and sister, Vivian (Iaconis) in the Linden area of Columbus, Ohio. He was the son of Ralph and Kathryn Young. He attended Linden McKinley High School and Ohio State University. While at OSU he played in TBDBITL.
Don married Nancy Ann Renouf in 1952 (d. 1991). They had three children: Kathryn, Donald (d. 2006) and Christopher. Don worked for the family’s dairy, Young’s Dairy, located in Linden. He also worked for Meadow Gold Dairy, Beatrice Foods and Wendy’s International. Don and Nancy were very active in church ministries. He directed choirs and served in leadership roles. Don loved being involved in his children’s activities and Nancy’s watercolor career.
Don married Janice Pollock in 1994. Together they loved traveling and spending time with their nine grandchildren and four great grandchildren. They were very involved at Dublin Baptist Church. They recently celebrated their twenty-eighth anniversary. The Bristol in Worthington, Ohio was their most recent home.
Don is survived by wife, Janice, daughter, Kathryn (Herb) Ligocki, son Christopher Young, and step daughter, Jennifer (Ryan) Michel; grandchildren Isaac (Heather) Ligocki, Elizabeth (Reed) Cooper, Dawn (Jared) Reed, James Pollock-Harrah and Audrey, Nathan, Camille, Colin and Andrew Michel; and great-grandchildren Tannen, Ellie, River Cooper and Aurora Ligocki. Many nieces and nephews will remember their fun with their loving Uncle Don.
A private family graveside burial will be held at Dublin Cemetery on Tuesday, May 17, 2022, at 11am. Friends and family are invited for a visitation and memorial service on Saturday, May 21, 2022, at 10:30am at Dublin Baptist Church, 7195 Coffman Road, Dublin, Ohio, 43017.
In lieu of flowers, donations can be made to Hope International (www.hopeinternational.org) or Compassion International (www.compassion.com).
*Please have flowers delivered to the Dublin Baptist Church